Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Fort Detrick Community Based Outpatient Clinic
About the Clinic
The Fort Detrick clinic offers primary care with an emphasis on preventative health care. The Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model of care requires a comprehensive health care delivery team consisting of one Physician, one registered nurse (RN), one Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), and one Patient Services Assistant (PSA). The Fort Detrick CBOC has three such health care teams. The clinic hours are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding federal holidays. To view the Fort Detrick CBOC fact sheet, click here.
- Primary Care services for Veterans in the Greater Frederick area.
- Behavioral Health services including individual and group counseling and programs such Substance Abuse Counseling.
- Handicapped Accessible: full and easy access for all Veterans.
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Personal Care: Highly qualified primary care providers, specialty care referrals to the Martinsburg VA Medical Center.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or MyHealtheVet.
- Equipped for the use of wireless technology
- Preventative Health Care and Screening
- Health Promotion
- Annual Physicals
- Cancer Screening
- Management of chronic illnesses such as diabetes and hypertension
- Well Woman Care
- Mental Health Services which include
Social Work Services
Substance Abuse Counseling
Group Therapy Counseling
- Podiatry Services
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Physical Therapy Services
- Tele-retinal Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Limited on-site Radiology Services
- Dietician Services
- Health Education and Prevention
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Anti-coagulation Management
ACE Team: the Access to Care and Evaluation (ACE) Team is a team composed of a physician, RN and a Health Technician. The purpose of the team is to facilitate new veterans getting into the VA System. The team performs the initial patient History and Physical, imitates specialty consults and mediations.
- Home Telehealth (HT)
Care coordination involving home telehealth technologies and focusing on supporting the care of veterans in the home.
- Clinical Video Technology (CVT)
Care coordination involving videoconferencing technologies with supportive peripheral devices between clinics and hospitals and hospitals and other hospitals, e.g. telemental health, telesurgery.
- Store and Forward Technology (SFT)
Care coordination involving store-and-forwards is based upon the national implementation of a primary care-based program will assess veterans with diabetes for retinopathy using teleretinal imaging that expedite referral for treatment and provides health information.
- MOVE! Program
The VA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
- 1 Laboratory
- 1 Mental Health Group Therapy Meeting Room
- 14 Fully functional Exam Rooms
- 13 Fully functional Provider Offices
- 1 Fully functional Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy Treatment Room
- 1 Fully functional Orthopedic Treatment Room
- 1 dedicated room for all MyHealtheVet Services
The Fort Detrick CBOC is currently working to develop shared service agreements with the Barquist Army Health Clinic for the purpose of maximizing the resources available to meet the needs of both Active Duty Military and Veterans. Services currently being considered are STAT laboratory and limited radiology support services.
Please visit the following link for directions to the Fort Detrick CBOC