Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Harrisonburg Contract Community Based Outpatient Clinic
About The Clinic
The Harrisonburg VA Contract Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) follows the VA Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model that gives Veterans a more active role in their health care. PACT provides Veterans accessible, coordinated, comprehensive, patient-centered health care delivered by primary care providers with the active involvement of other clinical and non-clinical staff. The clinic hours are Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., excluding federal holidays. To view the Harrisonburg Contract CBOC fact sheet, click here.
Primary Care Services
- Four full functional PACT health care teams
- Mental Health
- Women Veterans Health
- Clinical Nutrition
- Clinical Social Work
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Anticoagulation Management
- MOVE! (Weight Loss Program)
- Medical Laboratory
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Patient Education
- Military Sexual Trauma
- New Patient Orientation
- Pain Management
- Retinal Imaging for Diabetics
- Smoking Cessation
- Speech Therapy
- Women Veterans Social Work Case Management
- More than 15,000 sq. ft. of service space
- Multi-purpose room for meetings and Mental Health Group Therapy
- 12 exam and evaluation rooms
ACE Team: the Access to Care and Evaluation (ACE) Team is a team composed of a physician, RN and a Health Technician. The purpose of the team is to facilitate new veterans getting into the VA System. The team performs the initial patient History and Physical, imitates specialty consults and mediations.
- Home Telehealth (HT)
Care coordination involving home telehealth technologies and focusing on supporting the care of veterans in the home.
- Clinical Video Technology (CVT)
Care coordination involving videoconferencing technologies with supportive peripheral devices between clinics and hospitals and hospitals and other hospitals, e.g. telemental health, telesurgery.
- Store and Forward Technology (SFT)
Care coordination involving store-and-forwards is based upon the national implementation of a primary care-based program will assess veterans with diabetes for retinopathy using teleretinal imaging that expedite referral for treatment and provides health information.
- MOVE! Program
The VA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
1. Head South on I-81
2. Take exit 245 for VA-253/Port Republic Road
3. Turn right onto VA-253 West/Port Republic Road
4. Continue onto Maryland Avenue
5. Turn left onto South High Street
6. The Harrisonburg CBOC is located in the Rockingham Square Shopping Center, which is located on the right-hand side
From South of Harrisonburg:
1. Head North on I-81
2. Take exit 243 to merge onto US-11 North/South Main Street toward Harrisonburg
3. Turn left onto West Mosby Road
4. Turn right onto Pear Street
5. Turn left onto Erickson Avenue
6. Turn right onto South High Street
7. The Harrisonburg CBOC is located in the Rockingham Square Shopping Center, which is located on the left-hand side
Free on premises
1755 S. High Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Phone & Fax
Phone: 304-263-0811 X 5130 Or 800-817-3807 X 5130
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., excluding federal holidays.