Harrisonburg Contract Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
About The Clinic
The Harrisonburg CBOC offers primary care with an emphasis on health care prevention.
- Annual Physicals
- Anti-Coagulation Management
- Cancer Screening
- Health Education and Prevention
- Health Promotion
- Management of chronic illnesses such as diabetes and hypertension
- Mental Health Services including:
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Individual Therapy
- Medication Management
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Post hospital follow up
- Primary Care
- Preventive Health Care and screening
- Women Veterans Primary Care
ACE Team: the Access to Care and Evaluation (ACE) Team is a team composed of a physician, RN and a Health Technician. The purpose of the team is to facilitate new veterans getting into the VA System. The team performs the initial patient History and Physical, imitates specialty consults and mediations.
- Home Telehealth (HT)
Care coordination involving home telehealth technologies and focusing on supporting the care of veterans in the home.
- Clinical Video Technology (CVT)
Care coordination involving videoconferencing technologies with supportive peripheral devices between clinics and hospitals and hospitals and other hospitals, e.g. telemental health, telesurgery.
- Store and Forward Technology (SFT)
Care coordination involving store-and-forwards is based upon the national implementation of a primary care-based program will assess veterans with diabetes for retinopathy using teleretinal imaging that expedite referral for treatment and provides health information.
- MOVE Program
The VA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
1. Head South on I-81
2. Take exit 245 for VA-253/Port Republic Road
3. Turn right onto VA-253 West/Port Republic Road
4. Continue onto Maryland Avenue
5. Turn left onto South High Street
6. The Harrisonburg CBOC is located in the Rockingham Square Shopping Center, which is located on the right-hand side
From South of Harrisonburg:
1. Head North on I-81
2. Take exit 243 to merge onto US-11 North/South Main Street toward Harrisonburg
3. Turn left onto West Mosby Road
4. Turn right onto Pear Street
5. Turn left onto Erickson Avenue
6. Turn right onto South High Street
7. The Harrisonburg CBOC is located in the Rockingham Square Shopping Center, which is located on the left-hand side
Free on premises