Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Harrisonburg Community Based Outpatient Clinic
About The Clinic
The Harrisonburg VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) follows the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model. PACT provides Veterans accessible, coordinated, comprehensive, patient-centered health care delivered by primary care providers with active involvement of other clinical and non-clinical staff. CBOC hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding federal holidays.
To view the Harrisonburg Contract CBOC fact sheet, click here.
- Primary care services for Veterans.
- Behavioral health services
- Handicapped accessible.
- Women Veterans health care
- Specialty care referrals to the Martinsburg VA Medical Center.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or MyHealtheVet
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services
- Preventative health care and screening
- Health promotion
- Annual physicals
- Cancer screening
- Management of chronic illnesses such as diabetes and hypertension
- Well woman care
- Women’s health education and prevention
- Mental health services
Social work services
Substance abuse counseling
Group therapy counseling
- Occupational therapy services
- Physical therapy services
- Dietitian services
- Health education and prevention
- Pharmaceutical management
- Anti-coagulation management
- Pain management
- Advance directives services
- Home Tele-health (HT)
Care coordination involving home tele-health technologies and focusing on supporting the care of Veterans in the home.
- Clinical Video Technology (CVT)
Care coordination involving videoconferencing technologies with supportive peripheral devices between clinics and hospitals and hospitals and other hospitals, e.g., tele-mental health, tele-surgery.
- Store and Forward Technology (SFT)
Care coordination involving store-and-forward based upon the national implementation of a primary care-based program will assess Veterans with diabetes for retinopathy using tele-retinal imaging that expedite referral for treatment and provides health information.
- MOVE! Program
MOVE! Weight Management Program supported by VA's National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (NCP).
- 12,200 square feet of service space
- Two multi-purpose rooms for meetings and mental health group therapy
- 12 exam, evaluation and treatment rooms
From the North
- Head South on I-81
2. Take exit 245 for VA-253/Port Republic Road
3. Turn right onto VA-253 West/Port Republic Road
4. Continue onto Maryland Avenue
5. Turn left onto South High Street
6. The Harrisonburg CBOC is located in the Rockingham Square Shopping Center, which is located on the right-hand side
From the South:
- Head North on I-81
2. Take exit 243 to merge onto US-11 North/South Main Street toward Harrisonburg
3. Turn left onto West Mosby Road
4. Turn right onto Pear Street
5. Turn left onto Erickson Avenue
6. Turn right onto South High Street
7. The Harrisonburg CBOC is located in the Rockingham Square Shopping Center, which is located on the left-hand side
Free on premises