Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
Make, Change or Cancel an Appointment
At the Martinsburg VA Medical Center, we have established a number of procedures to assist you in meeting your health care needs. Our goal is simple - We will provide timely access to care, including Same-Day service as needed for both Primary Care and Mental Health.
Same-Day service in Primary Care is defined as: When you contact us, depending on the urgency, we will either address your need that day or schedule appropriate follow-up care. We may address your health care need by providing a face-to-face visit, returning a phone call, arranging a telehealth or video care visit, responding by secure email, or scheduling a future appointment.
Same-Day service in Mental Health is defined as: If you are in crisis or have another need for care right away in Mental Health, you will receive immediate attention from a health care professional at a Medical Center.
If you have received a postcard stating that you need to make an appointment, please call the medical center at 304-263-0811 or 800-817-3807 and press 2.
Primary Care Appointments and Specialty Clinic Referrals
To make an appointment with your primary care provider or with a specialty clinic, call 304-263-0811 or 800-817-3807 and press 2. If you are requesting an appointment for a specialty clinic, please discuss a referral to the specialty clinic with your provider.
You may also use My HealtheVet to manage your appointments. With a premium account you may view your scheduled appointments and communicate with your care team through secure messaging. For more information visit www.myhealth.va.gov.
If you cannot keep an existing appointment, please contact us as soon as you are aware that you cannot make your appointment at 304-263-0811 or at 800-817-3807, press 2, to cancel. You will be offered the opportunity to reschedule your appointment.
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.