Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Martinsburg VAMC drive-thru flu clinic now open
October 9, 2018
The Martinsburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) drive-thru flu clinic is now open and is providing seasonal flu shots to Veterans.
The best time to get a flu shot is October through December, as the peak of flu season is January through March.
If you are a Veteran enrolled in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health care system and have a VA ID card, you have five options for receiving your flu shot:
- The most convenient option is the drive-thru flu clinic located in parking lot “O” at the end of the parking lot across from the historical Chapel. The drive-thru clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with extended hours on Wednesdays until 5 p.m. follow the directional signs from the main gate.
- Ask for a flu shot during your next scheduled Primary care appointment.
- If you do not have an appointment, the Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC) clinics will have walk-in flu shot clinics Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1 to 3 p.m.
- From one of the medical center’s seven community based outpatient clinics (CBOCs). The CBOCs are located in the following communities:
- Cumberland, Md.
- Fort Detrick, Md.
- Hagerstown, Md.
- Harrisonburg, Va.
- Stephens City, Va.
- Franklin, W.Va.
- Petersburg, W.Va.
- The VA has partnered with Walgreens to offer free flu shots to all enrolled Veterans. Simply bring your VA Health Identification Card to any Walgreens location to receive your flu shot.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that persons age six months or older receive a flu shot. All Veterans, regardless of age, should get a flu shot.
Remember, you cannot get the flu from a flu shot! Plan your visit today and protect yourself, your family and those around you.
If you are a Veteran not enrolled in VA health care, visit the Martinsburg VAMC Eligibility Office in Room 1A-161, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
If you have questions call the medical center Flu Information line: 304-579-2600 or Bobbi Corbin, flu clinic coordinator, 304-263-0811, ext. 3508.