Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Martinsburg VA Provides Flu Shots for Enrolled Veterans
August 30, 2012
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. – Beginning September 17, seasonal flu shots will be available at the Martinsburg Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center. The best time to get a flu shot is October through December, as the peak of flu season is January through March. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that persons age 6 months or older receive a flu shot. All Veterans regardless of age should get a flu shot.
If you are enrolled and have a Veterans Affairs ID card, you have four options for receiving your flu shot:
- The most convenient option is the Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic, located in Parking Lot “O” across from the H.O.P.E. Center. The drive-thru clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Follow the directional signs from the main entrance gate.
- You may ask for a flu shot during your next scheduled primary care appointment.
- If you do not have an appointment, walk-in flu shot clinics are open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. with CPC teams 1, 2 and 3.
- The medical center’s community based outpatient clinics (CBOC) offer walk-in flu shots:
- Cumberland, Md. CBOC, 301-724-0061: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Fort Detrick, Md. CBOC, 301-624-1200: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Hagerstown, Md. CBOC, 301-665-1462: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Harrisonburg, Va. CBOC, 540-442-1773: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Stephens City, Va. CBOC, 540-869-0600: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Franklin, W.Va. CBOC, 304-358-2355: Mon-Fri, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Petersburg, W.Va. CBOC, 304-257-5817: Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Remember, you cannot get the flu from a flu shot! Plan your visit today and protect yourself, your family and those around you.
If you are a Veteran and not enrolled in VA health care, visit the Eligibility Office at the Martinsburg VA Medical Center, Room 1A-162, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If you have questions call the Medical Center Flu Hotline: 1-304-579-2600.