Martinsburg VA provides flu shots for enrolled Veterans
September 24, 2014
Print Version (PDF)
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. – Seasonal flu shots are now available at the Martinsburg Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center. The best time to get a flu shot is October through December, as the peak of flu season is January through March. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that persons age six months or older receive a flu shot. All Veterans regardless of age should get a flu shot.
If you are enrolled and have a VA ID card, you have four options for receiving your flu shot:
- The most convenient option is the Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic, located in parking lot “O” - at the end of the parking lot across from the H.O.P.E. Center. The drive-thru clinic is open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Follow the directional signs from the main entrance gate.
- You may ask for a flu shot during your next scheduled primary care appointment.
- If you do not have an appointment, walk-in flu shot clinics are open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2 to 4 p.m.
- The medical center’s community based outpatient clinics (CBOC) offer walk-in flu shots:
- Cumberland, Md. CBOC, 301-724-0061: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Fort Detrick, Md. CBOC, 301-624-1200: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Hagerstown, Md. CBOC, 301-665-1462: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Harrisonburg, Va. CBOC, 540-282-6035: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Stephens City, Va. CBOC, 540-869-0600: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Franklin, W.Va. CBOC, 304-358-2355: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Petersburg, W.Va. CBOC, 304-257-9535:
- Monday, 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Remember, you cannot get the flu from a flu shot! Plan your visit today and protect yourself, your family and those around you.
If you are a Veteran and not enrolled in VA health care, visit the Eligibility Office at the Martinsburg VA Medical Center, room 1A-162, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you have questions call the medical center Flu Information Line: 304-579-2600 or Bobbi Corbin, flu clinic coordinator, 304-263-0811, ext. 3508.