Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Salute to Hospitalized Veterans Week
February 8, 2012
Martinsburg, W.Va. - More than 98,000 Veterans are cared for every day in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical centers, outpatient clinics, domiciliaries and nursing homes. Next week is your chance to say “thank you” to a special group of men and women. The Martinsburg VA Medical Center invites you to participate in open-house activities during the Salute to Hospitalized Veterans Week.
This year’s Salute includes:
• Feb. 12, Kick Off with crowning of King and Queen of Hearts
• Feb. 13, West Virginia Day hosted by Kay Keyes and Ladies Auxiliary for Veterans of Foreign Wars
• Feb. 14, Virginia Day hosted by American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars and Ladies Auxiliaries
• Feb. 15, Maryland Day hosted by American Legion Auxiliary
• Feb. 16, Armed Forces Day hosted by Military Order of the Purple Heart and Marine Corps League
• Feb. 17, Pennsylvania Day hosted by Military Order of the Cootie
• Feb. 18, Super Saturday featuring Stoney Creek Bluegrass Band
• Feb. 19, Grand Finale featuring the U.S. Navy’s band, Country Current
All activities will begin at 1:30 p.m. in the Community Living Center dining and recreation room. Everyone is invited to attend. Let those who have given so much to our Nation know that they are not forgotten. For more information, contact Voluntary Services Chief Dottie Hough, 304-263-0811, ext. 3309 or 3310.