Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Martinsburg VA provides flu shots for enrolled Veterans
August 12, 2013
MARTINSBURG, W.Va. – Beginning Sept. 3, seasonal flu shots will be available at the Martinsburg Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center. The best time to get a flu shot is October through December, as the peak of flu season is January through March. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that persons age 6 months or older receive a flu shot. All Veterans regardless of age should get a flu shot.
If you are enrolled and have a VA ID card, you have four options for receiving your flu shot:
- The most convenient option is the Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic, located in Parking Lot “O” - at the end of the parking lot across from the H.O.P.E. Center. The drive-thru clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Follow the directional signs from the main entrance gate.
- You may ask for a flu shot during your next scheduled primary care appointment.
- If you do not have an appointment, walk-in flu shot clinics are open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1 - 3 p.m. with CPC teams 1, 2 and 3.
- The medical center’s community based outpatient clinics (CBOC) offer walk-in flu shots:
- Cumberland, Md. CBOC, 301-724-0061: Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Fort Detrick, Md. CBOC, 301-624-1200: Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri, 1- 3 p.m.
- Hagerstown, Md. CBOC, 301-665-1462: Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Harrisonburg, Va. CBOC, 540-282-6035: Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Stephens City, Va. CBOC, 540-869-0600: Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Franklin, W.Va. CBOC, 304-358-2355: Mon-Fri, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Petersburg, W.Va. CBOC, 304-257-5817: Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Remember, you cannot get the flu from a flu shot! Plan your visit today and protect yourself, your family and those around you.
If you are a Veteran and not enrolled in VA health care, visit the Eligibility Office at the Martinsburg VA Medical Center, Room 1A-162, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you have questions, call the Medical Center Flu Hotline: 304-579-2600 or Bobbi Corbin the medical center flu clinic coordinator at 304-263-0811, ext. 3508.
The Martinsburg VA Medical Center mission is to honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being. Located in West Virginia, the medical center offers a comprehensive range of services, including internal medicine, ambulatory surgery, audiology and speech pathology, dental, nursing home, nutrition, podiatry, prosthetics, women’s health, mental health, and rehabilitation medicine. With a service area of nearly 130,000 Veterans in West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania, the medical center operates four VA-staffed Outpatient Clinics in Cumberland, Hagerstown, Fort Detrick, Md., and Stephens City, Va. and three contract clinics in Franklin and Petersburg, W.Va. and Harrisonburg, Va.