Martinsburg VA Medical Center
Seasonal flu shots are now available at the Martinsburg VA Medical Center. The best time to get a flu shot is October through December, as the peak of flu season is January through March. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that persons age six months or older receive a flu shot. All Veterans and employees, regardless of age, should get a flu shot.
Flu Clinic for Employees
Flu shots for employees are available in Occupational Health, room 3C-106 on Mondays, 7:30 to 11 a.m. and Tuesday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Flu Clinic for Veterans
If you are a Veteran enrolled in the VA health care system and have a VA ID card, you have the following options for receiving your flu shot:
The most convenient option is the drive-thru flu shot clinic located in parking lot “O” at the end of the parking lot across from the historical Chapel. The drive-thru clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Follow the directional signs from the main gate.
You may ask for a flu shot during your next scheduled primary care appointment.
The VA has partnered with Walgreens to offer free flu shots to all enrolled Veterans. Simply bring your VA Health Identification Card to any Walgreens location to receive your flu shot.
If you do not have an appointment, the Comprehensive Primary Care (CPC) clinics, Women’s Clinic and Transition and Care Management Clinic will have walk-in flu shot clinics Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2 to 4 p.m.
The medical center's community based outpatient clinics (CBOC) also have flu shots available:
- Cumberland, Md. CBOC: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fort Detrick, Md. CBOC: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Hagerstown, Md. CBOC: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Harrisonburg, Va. CBOC: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Stephens City, Va. CBOC: Mon, Tue, Wed & Fri, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Franklin, W.Va. CBOC: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to noon.
- Petersburg, W.Va. CBOC: Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to noon.
510 Butler Avenue
Martinsburg, WV 25405
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 3:30p.m.