Martinsburg VA Medical Center
If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
Mental Health Service provides consultation, evaluation and treatment for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being. These services include the use of trained mental health professionals and teams who use the latest evidence-based treatments and methods to support Veterans in their recovery. Outpatient mental health is located at the Heroes Opportunity for Progress and Enrichment (HOPE) Center, building 213, across from the Old Chapel. Parking is available directly across the street from the building.
Mental Health Programs
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Recovery Center (PRRC)
- Family Psycho-Education
- Primary Care-Mental Health Integration (PCMHI)
- Opioid Treatment Program (Suboxone Treatment)
- Inpatient Psychiatry (6A)
- Mental Health Intensive Case Management (MHICM)
- Outpatient Mental Health Care (e.g., psychiatry, psychology, counseling, peer support)
- Veteran’s Justice Outreach (VJO)
- Military Sexual Trauma Program (MST)
Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (MHRRTP)
- Center for Addiction Treatment (CAT5)
- Health Maintenance Program (HMP)
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Center (PTSD)
- Gaining Occupational And Living Skills (GOALS) - Homelessness Program
- Therapeutic Supported Employment Services (TSES)/Compensated Work Therapy (CWT)
Know the Signs
Watch for these key suicide warning signs and provide the Lifeline number to anyone exhibiting them.
- Talking about wanting to hurt or kill oneself
- Trying to get pills, guns, or other ways to harm oneself
- Talking or writing about death, dying or suicide
- Rage, uncontrolled anger, seeking revenge
- Acting in a reckless or risky way
- Feeling trapped, like there is no way out
- Saying or feeling there's no reason for living
510 Butler Aveue
Martinsburg, WV 25405
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.